Police in Longmont are trying to figure out how a toddler got her hands on marijuana that made her sick.
A two-year-old girl tested positive for marijuana and ended up in the hospital.
It is believed that the child ate part of a cookie she found on the ground in the grass outside of their apartment.
It was brown and looked like a chocolate chip cookie. The child did what most 2-year-olds would do if they found a cookie - she put it in her mouth.
The group Smart Colorado believes edible marijuana products don’t have enough regulations and think more of them will end up in the hands of children.