A report at the link below is titled, Anatomy of a Democratic Midterm Freakout.
National Democrats are in a near panic — if the media's highly-attuned panic detectors are any indicator — with a "poisonous" president unable to use his popularity to sway voters.
Highlights of the report:
1. The midterms were always going to be bad for Democrats because of turnout.
2. President Obama is near all-time lows on his approval ratings.
3. Republicans have figured out how to walk the line on ObamaCare.
4. Outside Republican groups are outspending their opposition.
5. Republicans are expanding the number of races where they want to compete.
6. Democrats freaking out will only make all of the above problems worse.
This report is not good news for Democrats who are accustomed to basking in the popularity of the President and buoyed by a worshipful media.